|SYMBOL||ALERT PRICE||HIGH PRICE||TIME PERIOD||PERCENTAGE GAINS|
Top 20 ETF Daily Market Movers by Gainers, Decliners & Volume Wednesday November 13, 2013 KEY
- Pharmacyclics Drug Wins One Approval, Awaits Another
- Thursday’s economic calendar,earnings and stock watch
- Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Discovered Innovative Way Of Tracking By Cursor’s Movement
- Thursday’s economic calendar/earnings
- Wednesday’s economic calendar/earnings
- Two Banks With International Exposure
- Tuesday’s economic calendar/Earnings
- New options Alert 10/22
- ARNH .0002 The Automotive Resource Network Holdings, Inc.
Steve Orr reports on Wall Street's dismal week. And we've started August with the lowest average gas prices in four years.
Steve Orr reports on the S&P 500's worst week in two years. And Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway notches a double-digit quarterly profit increase.
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. saw operating profit increase by 10.5% in the second-quarter. Berkshire reported a profit of $6.4 billion, or $3,889 per Class A share, compared to $4.54 billion, or $2,763 a share, a year earlier. Operating profit, which excludes some investment results, was up to $2,634 a share from $2,384 in the year-ago period. Analysts were expecting operating earnings of $2,485.21 per Class A share, and operating earnings of $1.66 per Class B share on revenue of $48.86 million. Revenue rose to $49.76 billion from $44.69 billion. Berkshire's shareholders' equity increased $12.1 billion and the total book value per Class A equivalent share has increased by 5.6% to $142,483 as of July 30. Berkshire, which owns large insurance operations, a railroad, power plants, and apparel makers, also had investment and derivative gains of $1.44 billion. Berkshire shares were up 1% in post-market trading.
MarketWatch columnist Jeff Reeves offers his take on the reason for the slide, and a look ahead.